Tuesday 2 February 2010

What's in a name?

What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet.



Ladybug, ladyblug, ladybugger, ladyhugger, ladyblog, ladyslob, ladysnog

Or, throwing one right out there – The Memoirs and Confessions of a Justified (Sinner? Nah... Mother... ) Has something of a ring to it. Praps not…





In the beginning, there was Susie...


“A blog?”

My friend, Susie, was trying to persuade me to write a blog. A blog? Who is going to read a blog by me? “Anyone!” she cries enthusiastically. Susie has read one too many books on self-improvement and life plans. You know the sort.

I tried to explain that I don’t have time for a blog. I have washings to do, and a full-time job and two never-sleeping tots to look after. She has five (I think? Last count was five…) kids. She looked back at me with that you-are-just-making-excuses-don’t-be-so-lazy look.

“But what would I write about?”

“Anything!” Again, the manic grin and the I-will-make-you-do-this determination.

There is simply no arguing with Susie.

I must be weak…

5 comments:

  1. Coo-eee! *Waves* Please, I implore you, do not make this a self-help blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAOOOOOO!!! So glad you are finally doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm chuckling at VBinC!

    :D

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm, am starting to think there is a conspiracy against self help. :-)

    Hmmmmm-VBC were you referring to the reference about me reading to many self help books???? *walks out of here all insulted* :-)

    ReplyDelete